The AFS Youth Assembly is excited to announce Convene at Brookfield Place in New York City as the venue for its 29th Session on August 16-18, 2024. For a third year in a row, this premier conference center will be the perfect space to welcome hundreds of young leaders from around the world in the heart of Manhattan, New York steps away from attractions like the World Trade Center and Oculus. The Opening Ceremony venue will be announced as the event approaches.
New York City has been the home of the Youth Assembly for most of the previous 28 Sessions, gathering over 20,000 youth from over 160 countries so far. It offers the perfect setting for dynamic discussions, global networking and innovative action. The 29th Session of The Youth Assembly will be no exception, as the event is slated to cultivate a global network of young leaders and changemakers through exchange, education, action and impact.
The theme of the 29th Session of the AFS Youth Assembly is “Forge Our Shared Future.” The event will be centered on coming together to amplify young people’s engagement and leadership in tackling these thematic areas:
- Global Shocks: Tackling Humanitarian Crises
- Future of Education: Leveraging Technology & Innovation
- Save our Planet: Unite for Climate Action
- Food Security: Strengthen Global Food Systems
The Youth Assembly Delegates will showcase their work and generate impact through different awards, networking opportunities and innovative activities.
Delegates who upgrade their AFS Youth Assembly experience with one of the Academies will also get to deepen their experience through a series of seminars, organization site visits and exclusive special events including:
- Participation in a Model UN Simulation,
- A tour of the United Nations, including Permanent Missions to the UN,
- Hands-on social impact learning at the University of Pennsylvania campus followed by certification by their Center for Social Impact Strategy,
- Cultural activities, like a Manhattan Boat Cruise, or a tour of the cultural and historic highlights of Philadelphia, a UNESCO World Heritage City; and more.
More information and applications are available at www.youthassembly.org.