Package highlights include:
Participate in a hackathon style event, prototype solutions in group settings
Now more than ever, the world needs vibrant, passionate leaders committed to positive social and environmental change. At the Center for Social Impact Strategy at the University of Pennsylvania, we believe that anyone, anywhere can create positive social impact – and we have the tools, training, and connections to help you make this possible.
The Changemakers track will introduce participants to some of the fundamental methods for creating and testing new ideas for social innovation, in the style of a team-based hackathon. Participants will collaborate in a small group and create novel solutions to key challenges, and present their projects at the culminating event.
In the Changemakers Track, participants will engage in the following:
- Hands-on learning at the University of Pennsylvania campus – a world-class, ivy league university – with sessions led by Penn faculty and instructors.
- Changemakers Social Impact Certificate from the University of Pennsylvania.
- Interactive, application-focused sessions on interviewing, empathy, and community research; strengthening creative tools and methods for design thinking; prototyping, and increased creative confidence and personal visioning.
- A tour of the cultural and historic highlights of Philadelphia, a UNESCO World Heritage City.
Celebrate new friendships in Manhattan Boat Cruise, while taking in the NYC skyline – a most memorable experience for participants.
Deepen your understanding of social impact
Participants who choose this track can expect to push themselves outside of their creative comfort zones, and will leave with the skills and friendships to support a journey in pursuing positive social change – from the grassroots level, to large scale movement building. Participants will gain a deeper understanding of the ethical foundations of social impact work, and creative tools for problem solving that they can apply in everyday situations.
Changemakers Package Fees
Includes: This package + the Youth Assembly conference
- Dates: August 12-17, 2022 (checkout on August 17, 2022 in the afternoon)
- Double room – $2850
- Single room – $3150
- 1st installment due = $295*
- 2nd installment will be due within 8 weeks from the date you receive the notice from AFS that your application has been accepted.
Please note: All Package options include full access to the conference (the 27th Session of The Youth Assembly) in New York City. *$295 is the early-bird registration fee (fee will increase in regular / late registration phases).
- Round-trip flight arrangement
- Airport transfers
- Visa application and fees (if applicable)
- Travel/healthcare insurance
- Personal incidentals and expenses
- Transportation outside the programs
Changemakers PROGRAM PACKAGE
Please note that all times are currently tentative:
- August 12, 2-4:30pm | Checkin at Hotel in NYC (downtown Manhattan); Breakfast included in all days in NYC
- August 12, 4:30-5pm | Orientation
- August 12, 6-8pm | Youth Assembly Opening Ceremony (venue TBA)
- August 13-14, 10-6pm | Youth Assembly Sessions (with evening Boat Cruise with Dinner on August 13)
- August 14, 7-9pm | Closing Ceremony
- August 15 | Depart on Bus for Changemakers Program to Pennsylvania (morning); Day 1 of Changemakers Program (all meals included)
- August 16 | Day 2 of Changemakers Program (all meals included)
- August 17 | Day 3 of Changemakers Program (meal included); Depart on Bus to NYC by 3pm