AFS Intercultural Programs is seeking volunteers to support the implementation and organizing of the 28th AFS Youth Assembly, which will take place from August 11-13, 2023 in New York City. Find out more here.
The AFS Youth Assembly is a conference that brings together the world’s foremost young leaders and changemakers at the heart of global change. With an annual participation of up to 1,000 youth and as many as 100 countries represented, the AFS Youth Assembly is a global network of emerging leaders, social innovators, and advocates for sustainable development.
- Play a critical role in creating a well-organized conference by helping ensure the smooth management of supplies and logistics
- Assist in assembling and transporting conference materials before/during the conference and packing them up after the conference
- Be in charge of conference and evening event supplies; Keep an eye on supplies and materials and their whereabouts
- Organize and distribute supplies and materials in appropriate areas/rooms
- Acquire or put together additional supplies/materials as needed (i.e. bottled water, name badges)
- Report to the head of Logistics
- Assist main staff with other tasks as needed
- Get complimentary access to the conference
- Meet and connect with incredible young people from around the globe
- Receive a certificate at the end of your term
- Take home limited-edition souvenirs
- High-performing volunteers may receive:
- Recommendation letter upon request
- Complimentary access to the next session of the conference
- July 2023 – Online Orientation
- August 11, 2023 – Registration Day (in-person)
- August 11-13, 2023 – The 28th Youth Assembly (in-person)
How to apply:
Applications will be open from March 20, 2023 until May 20, 2023.
NOTE: We can only accommodate interest from individuals living in the Greater New York area at this time.