The Ambassadors Program is geared toward students and young professionals from around the world who have previously attended The Youth Assembly. Ambassadors are looking to become pioneers in their community, help youth have a voice at the global stage and represent the mission of The Youth Assembly.
Ambassadors serve as official representatives of The Youth Assembly.
The 28th Session of the Youth Assembly will take place from August 11 to 13, 2023 in New York City.
Applications closed on September 30, 2022.
- Has attended the Youth Assembly as a Delegate
- Must currently be pursuing an undergraduate, graduate, or postgraduate degree from a recognized academic institution during the present academic year OR affiliated with or represent an organization with similar mission of the Youth Assembly
- Has an active role or membership role in the school or community
- Has experience and knowledge in working on an SDG(s) area.
- Demonstrates commitment to youth empowerment and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Self-starter and problem solver
- Social media savvy with experience in content creation (short videos, tweets etc.)
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
Role & Responsibilities
- Serve as an Ambassador for a one-year term.
- Disseminate information regarding Youth Assembly programs and campaigns.
- Nominate youth to become delegates at The Youth Assembly.
Ambassadors will promote and represent The Youth Assembly by conducting the following activities (minimum of 5 are required):
- Speak at conferences nationally / regionally
- Speak at events at university / schools / other institutions
- Plan and speak at events in your local community
- Connect with an influencer to support our programs (musician, actor/actress, journalist, anchor, philanthropist, politician, social media etc.)
- Conduct or partake in an online event / webinar
- Speak on a radio station
- Speak on a podcast
- Partner with a youtuber
- Attend and speak on a television show
- Spread awareness on online mediums by writing blogs / articles / posts.
- Conduct weekly scheduled tweets
- Regular posts on other social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Wechat etc.)
Ambassadors will adhere to the following standards:
- Complete an online report regularly detailing your strategy and progress made with metrics, photos, and specific activities conducted.
- Complete assignments fully and before the deadline.
- Use the communication promo kit and protocols when presenting about The Youth Assembly programs.
- Always present accurate information about programs.
- Follow our code of conduct and instill our values:
- Respect for Diversity
- Certificate of Recognition for your dedication and work with The Youth Assembly
- Receive potential speaking opportunities
- Receive discounts for your delegates for The Youth Assembly*
- Receive complimentary Youth Assembly conference and package fee waivers*
- Opportunities to build your professional network
- Opportunities to attend Youth Assemblies
- Leadership opportunity by serving as an inspiration to global youth
- Opportunity to publish online
Ambassador status and recognition are determined by your quality of work, how actively and effectively you promote the Youth Assembly, and how well you complete tasks and communicate with our team. Criteria include efforts made in promoting and supporting the Youth Assembly, quality of the Youth Assembly nominees submitted following procedures, and the overall delegation you will be bringing to the next session of the Youth Assembly.
Ambassadors who perform their duties with excellence will receive Outstanding Ambassador recognition. Outstanding Ambassadors will be honored with special mention at The Youth Assembly and be promoted on our social media platforms.
How to apply?
To be considered as a candidate, you must fulfill the two-step application process, which includes a written application and a follow up online interview. Interested applicants should fill out and submit an application form for consideration. Applications will be reviewed on a first come first serve basis, with the first 200 applications prioritized. Remaining applications will be waitlisted and reviewed as needed.
Only shortlisted candidates shall receive an interview request from the staff. If the interview is successful, further information and instructions will be provided to the candidate selected.
Applications closed on September 30, 2022.